Basic information about Common Speedwell
Common Speedwell (Veronica officinalis) is a self-cultivated herbaceous plant that grows in meadows, pastures, forests, and mainly at higher altitudes. It can be found most in Europe.
This neglected plant, has leaves that are ovate, greyish-colored. The flowers are light blue to light violet colors collected in clustered blooms and very gentle. After flowering, the plant leaves the fruit in the shape of a cocoon with little hairs.
What are the medicinal parts of the plant?
The above-ground part of the Veronica Herba is a medicinal part, or a plant in the blossom. (flowering)
What is the chemical composition of Common Speedwell?
Common Speedwell contains glycosides, saponins, bitter substances, a little essential oil, organic acids, provitamin a, sugars, wax, etc.
What are Health Benefits of Common Speedwell?
1. It is used to treat cough, remove dry and attacked cough; enables the secretion of the lung from the lungs.
2. Regulates food digestion, relieves diarrhea, acute inflammation of the stomach, enhances the burning of gastric juices, and affects the work of the liver and gallbladder.
3. Eliminates elevated temperatures and acts antiseptic
4. Effectively relieves eczema on the skin as well as senile itching.
5. Improves memory, eliminates depression, and calms down.
6. It works with rheumatoid and bone ache.
Common Speedwell tea
1 full small spoon poured with 1/4 liter of boiling water and left for a short time. Stir it and drink. The taste of Tea from common speedwell is bitter and somewhat unpleasant.