Basic information about Licorice
Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is a multi-year herbaceous plant that grows wild in nature, but it can also be cultivated for industrial production.
This plant has been known since ancient times, it was used by the Romans, the Greeks, and the Egyptians.
Plant appearance - a significant part of the Licorice is its root, which has medicinal properties. It is branched, goes deep into the ground, and new stems develop each spring. The stems contain oval leaves that are small, rough and slightly sticky. The flowers are clustered, small and purple. When the plant removes the flower, a fruit arises - a pod that is solid and also rough on touch.
What is the medicinal part of the plant?
The medicinal part is the root of Licorice.
What is the chemical composition of Licorice?
Glycyrrhizin is isolated at the root of the Licorice, a substance that gives a sweet taste to the root of Licorice, and can be used as a substitute for sugar. At the root of the dessert there is a lot of minerals and vitamins, especially it has a lot of iron, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, and E.
What are Health Benefits of Licorice?
1. Resolves the problem of respiratory tract, helps with coughing, leaks bronchitis, lung inflammation.
2. It acts on fungi, bacteria and viruses, enhancing the immune response
3. Relieves pain in muscles and joints
4. Removes abdominal problems, removes bumps
5. Reduces blood pressure
6. Licorice is good for women in menopause - it eliminates the valunge, sweating, relaxes the dream, and stimulates the flushing of estrogen that has little in menopause. It also lowers testosterone levels.
7. Improves skin tone and strengthens the root of the hair
Licorice should not use pregnant women and nursing women.
Medicinal preparations based on Licorice
• Tea from Licorice for stomach problems and colds
Take a cup of dried roots of desserts and sprinkle with hot water. Leave it for 10 minutes. Cover it; drink up to 3 tablespoons a day. It can be sweetened with honey.
• For bronchitis and sore throat
Chew the fresh Licorice root or crushed the dried root into the powder and mix with the honey.