Basic information on red clover
Red clover (Trifolium pratense) is a perennial, weed plant that grows at various shelters. Mostly found on the ground of Europe, Asia, but there are also species of red clover in America.
This herbaceous plant is distinguished by its leaves (three leaves - trifolium) characteristic of the clover. On the thin stem, there is flower in red to purple color in the shape of a head.
What is the medicinal part of the plant?
The whole plant is medicinal, but the flowers are usually collected. The flowers are collected from the period May-July, during the before noon, when the sun is not strong and when the weather is dry. Then the flowers are settled down in a hidden place from the sun to get dry.
What is the chemical composition of the red clover?
Red clover is known for its high content of phytostrogens, isoflavonoids, organic acids, essential oils, vitamins (B1, B3, vit E vit C) as well as minerals (zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, chromium, selenium, potassium).
What are the Health Benefits of Red clover?
1. Helps women in menopause to regulate the level of estrogen and reduce the feeling of night sweating, mood swings, reduced vaginal secretion. The flower of red clove contains a lot of herbal estrogens that imitate female estrogens and thus compensate for a hormonal imbalance.
2. The presence of isoflavonoids, herbal estrogens, magnesium, calcium, other vitamin and mineral helps the women in menopause to prevent the development of osteoporosis, because the red clover precisely affects bone density.
3. Red clover contains coumarin, which prevents the blood from clogging up the trails. In this way, red clover is a great natural anticoagulant and it could prevent the onset of atherosclerosis, type, and infarction. Arteries become stronger, more elastic, when red clover-based preparations are used.
4. Increases good cholesterol levels and lowers bad cholesterol levels
5. It is useful in the treatment of asthma and bronchitis and shows an anti-inflammatory property.
Natural remedies based on red clover
• Red clover tea
Russian folk medicine recommends tea that cleans blood and lymph. Take 25 grams of fresh clover, five grams of fresh raspberry leaves and five grams of fresh St. John Worth. Pour a glass of boiling water and let it stand for eight to ten minutes. Drink 2-3 glasses daily, for 10-14 days.
• Red clover tincture
You will need it:
- 1l vodka
- About 150 grams of fresh red clover flowers (if you cannot get fresh use dried)
Blend the Ingredients in blender. Then the mixture is poured into a clean glass jar and closed with a metal cover (whether it is not aluminum or plastic). The jar is held in a dark place and shakes 2-3 times a day, totaling 14 days. After that, stir a mixture and pour into a glass bottle. Use in drops (15-20).